Documenting the progress of a (nearly) free 1980 Kawasaki KZ440 into a budget bobber.

Pages

davidjohndesign On Sunday, June 27, 2010

Life can certainly get in the way of frivolous projects such as this one. We're buying a house and I've got a few projects going on the side not related to the saki bobber that I'm working on. Everyone's really been helping lately, and we've gotten quite a few things done so this really is a bigger update than most. In fact, today we actually got to hear it turn over! Then some wires started smoking pretty badly....so that will need to be addressed.

Let's see - frame and swing arm are all painted, tins are all painted, carbs are back together (Thanks Justin!), throttle is in place and working, Tom helped me with the rear axle and clutch, all that's left to get it moving is tightening everything down, filling it with oil and gas, getting some air filters, greasing all the moving parts, wiring and attaching the chain. The seized front brake and non-existent (because of the 6 inch extension) rear brake need to be addressed as well but I'd like to see it run first, as I never have. After that it's details - handle bar grips, heat wrap exhaust, figure out blinker solution, pop-a-wheelie, get it registered, buy clean the rims, do a burnout, etc. etc. Also a fender mounting solution still has not come up, but I am not getting to caught up in that just yet. I'm not the biggest fan of the gloss black for the frame, but I really don't care. The flat tan is killer, however. Leave a comment!























No comments:

Post a Comment