Documenting the progress of a (nearly) free 1980 Kawasaki KZ440 into a budget bobber.

Pages

davidjohndesign On Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Last week all I really did was get the mounts for the tank in place, which was basically an hour of measuring, cutting, drilling, BSing and tack welding. Also I ordered the $30 ebay seat and $20 clutch cable. They came in and I went to Maine Cycle for a 130 link chain for $30. Went over to Jake's tonight to tack everything in place. Put the motor in place (no mounts or anything) just to make sure of some clearances. It doesn't look very pretty (and probably never will).

I saw this post on XS650chopper.com and drooled all over myself. I immediately wished I had done this differently (yamaha+tc bros hardtail kit), but then I realized this bike was basically free and we are building it on a budget. The next bike will be heavily inspired by this killer 20 year-old's bike. Clean and simple, which is always my approach to all my graphic design work.

Anyways, here's some proof of progress. Jake should be throwing a bead on these bits in place tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment